We made this delicious dish to celebrate an important day and made everyone happy!
Ingredients for 4 people:
Spelt Flour (ca 400 gr)
On a cooking surface place the flour, create a little “mountain” and in the middle place the eggs and salt. Start by slowly bring flour to the center with the help of a fork. Then work the dough with your hands until it is smooth yet elastic (if it is too sticky you can add some flour). Wrap the dough in plastic film and let it rest for an hour in the fridge. Once the time has passed you are ready to make your tagliatelle. We cheated and used a pasta machine to roll out and cut ours.
- We cut the dough in small parts, each part was passed in the machine multiple times until each piece turned into a thin strip;
- We let the pasta strips rest to allow it to dry (avoid let it dry for too long), approx. 20 minutes depending on how humid is your kitchen;
- We changed the machine attachment and replaced the rolls with the tagliatelle cutter;
- We passed each strip of pasta into the machine and obtained our tagliatelle;
- We distributed the pasta on a clean tablecloth dusted with semolina flour to avoid past from sticking.
Tagliatelle are ready!
Tagliatelle are good with many type of sauce, we dressed them with some very gnammy ragù sauce (see our blog of March 8th).